This Valentine’s Day, I’m looking for healthier options to spread the message, “I love you.” Look, don’t get me wrong. There WILL be chocolate seen over here in the next month to celebrate Lovers Day, but I just thought it would be nice to have the majority of the recipes be more on the savory as well as the healthier side. And there’s no better way to set a challenge for myself than to try to make a lovers’ treat look creative, fun, and cute (of course) than with fruit and nondairy yogurt.
Valentine’s Yogurt Bark screams, “Hey, I care about you! But I’m also concerned with your health too!” So go ahead, take a square and with every bite, just know that this fun treat is packed with the good stuff made by Mother Nature (and some other stuff in there as well). Look, it’s why I said healthier not healthy.
The easiest treat awaits you. Make this Valentine’s Yogurt Bark and save time on all the kissing instead of baking you can be doing instead. That’s a fact:Print
- 4 (5.3 oz) cartons blueberry nondairy yogurt
- strawberries, sliced and cut into X’s, O’s and hearts (use mini cookie cutters)
- Line an 8×8 pan with parchment paper.
- Pour the nondairy yogurt into the pan and spread out evenly.
- Place the fruit on top, gently pressing down just a little in order to secure it in the yogurt.
- Freeze for a few hours or until set.
- Cut into squares.
Okay now you have a month to plan your Valentine’s Day treats. Make this yogurt bark part of your new family ritual on Lover’s morning.