Last year I made you a Monster Halloween Bark made from nondairy white chocolate, topped with sprinkles, homemade Halloween Oreos, lots of allergen-friendly candies, and homemade googly eyes. It is such a simple yet entertaining recipe to make with the kiddos when you are looking for a decadent treat. But what about when you want something a little more balanced and more of a meal option? What if you want to have some Halloween fun with your breakfast but don’t want chocolate to be the main course? Well, it’s so funny you would ask these questions because I have your answer! You make Halloween Yogurt Bark that is solely made from nondairy yogurt, covered with fresh fruit and lightly sprinkled with homemade monster googly eyes. What?! You didn’t think I would leave out the eyes, did you? I’m weak when it comes to the googly eyes, you know that.
Don’t you love it when you can give your kids a spooktacular breakfast and still not go too crazy with the sugar and processed foods? And the only work you need to do is line a pan with parchment paper, throw some yogurt into the pan, cover the top with fresh fruit, and freeze. Oh, and cut it too but that’s it. And with that, Halloween is served.
Make Halloween Yogurt Bark for breakfast. Here’s how:
- 4 (5.3oz) cartons of nondairy yogurt (preferably orange-colored)
- 1 Tbsp. coconut oil (optional)
- ¼ c. blueberries
- 1 kiwi, peeled and sliced
- ½ yellow nectarine
- Monster Googly Eyes
- Line an 8x8 pan with parchment or wax paper.
- In a medium bowl, combine all the yogurt cartons together. If using the coconut oil, add now. Pour into the pan.
- Top with the sliced kiwi, nectarine, blueberries, and googly eyes.
- Place in freezer until set.
- Cut into pieces and allow the little ones to choose their own yogurt bark.
I used Silk yogurt alternative but you are free to use whatever nondairy yogurt is your favorite. There really is a lot of freedom with this Halloween Yogurt Bark idea so have fun with it and play around. Use the ingredients you love but just make sure that it has a Halloween flair!