Well, wouldn’t you know that all good things must come to an end. I have reason to believe that things will be changing over here at Fork and Beans. Some of you will be happy because that means less sugar but some will be sad (I mean, less sugar!) But since my doctor said that my blood work came back saying that I’m not absorbing any nutrition from my food (I promise, I eat tons of veggies) and that I’m dangerously malnourished due to some infections in my intestines (among other things but I will save that story for the future), my diet and daily regime is changing somewhat drastically. So I say goodbye to sugar for at least 2-3 months.
I just want to sit in silence as I eat this Monster Halloween Candy Bark, is that okay? Can you turn the lights out too when you go? I prefer my last days of sugar intake to be done in the darkness. I want to say my goodbyes properly.
- 1 c. nondairy white chocolate, melted + 1 Tbsp. non-hydrogenated shortening
- 10 vegan No-No's candies, cut in half (I chose to use just the purple and green ones)
- 4 homemade Halloween Oreos, chopped up
- 4 mini vegan peanut butter cups, chopped up
- handful of homemade vegan googly eyes
- 1 Tbsp. vegan chocolate sprinkles
- Place a little less than half of the chopped Oreos, No-No's, nut butter cups, and googly eyes down on a baking sheet covered by a piece of wax paper, covering an approximate 9x5" rectangle.
- Coat with the melted white chocolate.
- Gently press in the remainder of the candy, cookies, eyes, and coat with sprinkles.
- Freeze for 15-20 minutes or until set.
- Roughly chop up.
So what does that mean for what’s to come? I’m actually really excited about that part. I don’t know what it will look like but I do know that something awesome will come of it (and I’m ready for it). It will be the same Fork & Beans, just with a healthy twist but in a deceivingly sort of way because you will look at the stuff and think, “Dude this food looks like it’s laden with sugar !”but then I will be like, “HA! Gotcha! It ain’t, fools! It’s sugar, gluten, egg, and dairy-free but NOT taste-free–Shazaam!” and then you will be like, “Whaaat? This is too much to process!” and you will be saying that while doing the robot and I will interrupt your robot and be all, “I told you so” and okay I’m going now…
Eat more Monster Halloween Candy Bark. In my honor. Please.