Unicorn Pretzels: Whimsical. Magical. Ethereal.
These three words describe what your kitchen will become if you make these incredibly creative treats. How do you transform an average pretzel into Unicorn Pretzels, you might ask? With a little magic, that’s how. And some white chocolate and homemade googly eyes. So grab your magic wands and some fairy dust because there is some serious rainbow fun to be had!
Dairy Free Option:
If you need to use dairy free white chocolate, use this guide to choose a good brand. I’d go with King David’s white chocolate coins for this project because they are a thicker option than the others when melted. But Polar White bars taste the best (in my opinion).Print
- 12 gluten free pretzels
- 1/2 c. white chocolate coins (use dairy free if needed), melted* (see note)
- 24 homemade googly eyes
- 1/8 c. each colored white chocolate coins (I used pink, purple, teal and lime green), melted
- 12 star sprinkles (optional)
- Dip each pretzel into the melted white chocolate. Allow to set on a piece of parchment paper.
- Place a googly eye on each pretzel.
- Place the remaining melted white chocolate into a piping bag and create a neck and ear on each pretzel (see the video for help with this).
- Place the colored white chocolate into a piping bag for each and pipe out rainbow colored hair.
- Add a lime green horn and top with a star sprinkle (optional).
- Allow to fully set. Remove from parchment paper and serve.
*Please read this post for a dairy free option
What to Do if Your White Chocolate Seizes Up:
If your melted white chocolate gets hard and gritty after adding food coloring, you can do these three things:
- Warm the food coloring in the bottle by placing into a cup filled with hot water (make sure the top is sealed on the food coloring first!) to ensure this doesn’t happen.
- Add a teaspoon of melted coconut oil or shortening and allow to smooth out into the white chocolate.
- Add the food coloring into the coconut oil first prior to adding to the white chocolate.
Bring a bit of whimsy and childhood curiosity into your life with these edible Unicorn Pretzels. Eating them just might make you full of magic…
Looking for more magical Unicorn recipes? Check these out: