This homemade spaghetti and vegan meatballs is oh-so comparable to the real thing and a sure knock-out-of-the-park for the people at your dinner table. With a softer bite then actual meatballs, these tempeh-filled meaties are still packed with flavor and deliciousness. Your guests might even put you on their shoulders and start singing, “For she’s a jolly good lady…” And even if they don’t, I bet you that they are thinking about doing it…
Tempeh Meatless Balls Recipe
Makes 10-12 tempeh meatballs
- 8 oz. tempeh
- 3/4 c. gluten-free breadcrumbs
- 1/2 c. onion, thinly chopped
- 1 Tbsp. flaxseed meal + 3 Tbsp. warm water
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Tbsp. vegan Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Tbsp. fresh basil, thinly chopped
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp fresh thyme, chopped
- ½ (1) tsp salt
- 1 jar of favorite spaghetti sauce
- cooked gluten-free pasta for 4
Heat enough oil to fully coat a nonstick skillet on medium heat.
In a food processor, mix all the ingredients together with the exception of 1/4 c. of the breadcrumbs.
Form into 1″ balls. Roll into remainder breadcrumbs until fully coated. Brown in skillet until all sides nicely browned. Do in batches if needed. Remove from the pan.
On low heat, warm up the spaghetti sauce. Place the cooked noodles in to fully immerse into the sauce. Plate and top with meatballs.