Summertime, from the adult’s perspective, can be a bit bleak. As the sun shines through the window, the weather beckons us to come outside and play. Unfortunately we are stuck inside an air-conditioned office, sitting at our desks being “responsible”, longing for the days when we were carefree kids with two months of sleeping in, summer camps, and playing with our friends. Adulthood can be cruel, can it not?
Though this is no reason to be to depressed. As we have grown to understand, we always have the capability of controlling our own happiness. And right now, happiness is coming in the form of a popsicle filled with alcohol. How age and weather appropriate indeed! The thought then hit me the other day, “What would happen if I put my favorite adult beverage into popsicle form??” You know what I found? Heaven, that’s what. Make these tonight!
So while the days of summer are filled with popsicle-stained faces running around the park, make your own adult version of this summertime classic. A Bloody Mary popsicle is just what every adult needs to feel like they are being transported back to the days of carefree living.
Bloody Mary Popsicles Recipe
- 1 1/2 c. pre-made Bloody Mary mix (alcohol not included)
- 6 Tbsp. ginger-infused vodka (or use regular ol’ vodka)
- 6 thin lime slices
- 1 tsp. fresh ginger, minced (can omit)
- 6 3″ celery sticks
- 6 popsicle sticks
- Margarita salt (optional)
- Combine Bloody Mary mix, vodka, and minced ginger in a cocktail shaker. Mix well.
- Pour into popsicle holders. Do not fill up all of the way–leave about 1/2″ to the top.
- Place lime slice in the middle of each popsicle.
- Freeze for 20 minutes or until it begins the process of setting. Place celery and popsicle stick in the middle.
- Freeze for another 90 minutes or until set.
- Run under warm water for 1-2 minutes until popsicles easily come out. Dust with margarita salt.