I solely blame my father on my love, no scratch that, my obsession with dessert. I know, I know. You are rolling your eyes and thinking that I am overreacting with my choice of wording. Obsession? Really? Yes. Obsessed! Hello, you read my blog right? Take one look and it’s obvious I’m crazy. For dessert. (I’m also just plain crazy but that is for another day to talk about).
After every flippin’ meal, my dad’s immediate words of asking what’s for dessert unconsciously trained me to this day to always ask this question. In fact, I have a tendency of asking this multiple times throughout the day. Growing up, our options for our after-dinner treat always seemed to include Drumsticks. Our freezer seemed to have been well-stocked with these ice cream cones as if we were preparing for some Zombie Apocalypse where Drumsticks were our only salvation.
I don’t blame the zombies–they really are delightful and worth taking over the world for. Especially the nut topping–I used to gather each chopped nut around the plate with my finger and as I ate each piece, I would mourn the fact that my dessert came to such a quick ending.
Now there will be no more mourning since these do-it-yourself ice cream cones called out my name for new life. I listened to such a welcomed beckoning.
Homemade Drumstick Ice Cream Recipe
Makes 1 cone
Gluten, egg and dairy-free
- 1 gluten-free ice cream cone (Let’s Do… brand)
- 2 scoop of non-dairy ice cream (I used TJ’s Vanilla Soy)
- 1 1/4 c. Enjoy Life chocolate chips + 1/2 c coconut oil, melted til smooth (Thank you, Lys at eatingfreely.tumblr.com for this!!!)**
- 2 Tbs nut topping
- Place ice cream into cone and then a nice scoop on top.
- **Mix 1 1/4 cups Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips with 1/2 cup coconut oil. Heat them up in the microwave, stir to combine, let them cool to a temperature that will not melt your ice cream and dip it in.Roll cone in nuts. (Taken from eatingfreely.tumblr.com)
- Freeze upright for 20 minutes until back to firm again.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: