I solely blame my father on my love, no scratch that, my obsession with dessert. I know, I know. You are rolling your eyes and thinking that I am overreacting with my choice of wording. Obsession? Really? Yes. Obsessed! Hello, you read my blog right? Take one look and it’s obvious I’m crazy. For dessert. (I’m also just plain crazy but that is for another day to talk about). And I’m especially crazy for these vegan DIY Drumsticks.
RELATED: Homemade Gluten Free Ice Cream Cones
After every flippin’ meal, my dad’s immediate words of asking what’s for dessert unconsciously trained me to this day to always ask this question. In fact, I have a tendency of asking this multiple times throughout the day. Growing up, our options for our after-dinner treat always seemed to include Drumsticks. Our freezer seemed to have been well-stocked with these ice cream cones as if we were preparing for some Zombie Apocalypse where Drumsticks were our only salvation.
RELATED: Ice Cream Snickers Bars
I don’t blame the zombies–they really are delightful and worth taking over the world for. Especially the nut topping–I used to gather each chopped nut around the plate with my finger and as I ate each piece, I would mourn the fact that my dessert came to such a quick ending.
RELATED: Easiest Berry FroYo
Now there will be no more mourning since these do-it-yourself ice cream cones called out my name for new life. I listened to such a welcomed beckoning.
Recreate one of your favorite frozen treats with four simple ingredients. So easy, anyone can make these vegan DIY Drumsticks at home!
- 1 gluten-free ice cream cone (Let's Do... brand)
- 2 scoops of non-dairy ice cream (I used TJ's Vanilla Soy)
- 1¼ c. Enjoy Life chocolate chips + ½ c coconut oil, melted until smooth
- 2 Tbsp. chopped nuts of choice (I used peanuts)
- Place ice cream into cone and then a nice scoop on top.
- Mix 1¼ cups Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips with ½ cup coconut oil. Heat them up in the microwave, stir to combine, let them cool to a temperature that will not melt your ice cream and dip it in.
- Roll cone in nuts.
- Freeze upright for 20 minutes until back to firm again.
RELATED: Vegan Cookie Dough Ice Cream