Yesterday I spent my morning at a local coffee shop, reading and sipping my favorite caffeinated beverage. Okay, that was a long, round-about way to describe coffee. So there I was, drinking coffee when an older man approached me where I was sitting. As he stood above me he explained to me that he had been observing me and how he thought I had such an elegant look about me. And with that, he walked away. Apparently he just wanted me to be aware of it.
Elegant has never been a term used to describe me, so I thought it must have been the gold bangle I was wearing that set off a sense of class. However he *did* say that his profession involves him to be a good observer so maybe he really does know what he’s talking about. As I sat there feeling a little elegantly puffed up, I smiled to myself (you know, in an elegant sort of way) and brought my mug of coffee to my mouth with my elegant fingers. I could get used to this. Maybe I really am elegant. Maybe there is an elegance underneathe me that I never took notice of before. Maybe it’s time to start seeing myself as so. Then, it happened…
I went to stand up but was unaware that the lamp hanging down from the ceiling was dangling lower than expected and bam! I totally hit the top of my head on it. Hard. Oh Life, you have a way of humbling me. Immediately.
Homemade “Chipwich” Recipe
Gluten, egg, and dairy-free
Makes 1 cookie sandwich
- 2 Enjoy Life Chocolate Chip cookies
- 1/3 c. non-dairy vanilla ice cream (I used Trader Joe’s vanilla soy)
- 2 Tbs. Enjoy Life Chocolate chips
- Scoop out ice cream and place in the center of 1 cookie. Taking the other cookie, sandwich on top.
- Very gently push together just to make the ice cream come out to the edges and smooth out sides with the back of a spoon.
- Freeze for 5 minutes.
- Roll the sides in chocolate chips and freeze again for 10 minutes or until set.