Cashews are a lot like life. You have 2 choices with this nut: you see it for exactly what it is: just a nut; or you look beyond it and think of all the possibilities that you have the power to create from it.
As life continues to settle for me with a new job, one seriously amazing man, a new city to live in (yup, I moved *again*), I am realizing that I can either take life as it is or see it for all the potential that lies ahead of me. This past year I have found that there is always more to it than what you see in front of you.
It’s probably why I have been working a lot with cashews lately. I love the vesatility to this food. Just when you think you know exactly what it’s used for, you become surprised that you are able to spread it on your favorite gluten-free bagel (yup, that’s a gluten-free bagel!)
Oh, the places you can go with cashews!
Raw Garden Herb Spreadable “Cheese” Recipe
Raw vegan, gluten, egg, and dairy-free
- 1/2 c. cashews, soak for 3 hours and drain
- 1/3 c. water
- 1 Tb coconut oil, melted
- 1 Tb fresh parsley
- 1 Tb fresh chives
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 tsp raw apple cider vinegar
- 1/2-1 tsp salt (depending on taste preference)
- In a high-speed blender, combine cashews, water, lemon juice, and vinegar until smooth.
- Add coconut oil and blend.
- Add herbs and salt and pulse briefly.
- Refrigerate for several hours or until set.
- Spread on favorite gluten-free bagel (pictured above is from Pamela’s Bread mix).