I was inspired by the idea of a raw vegan “goat” cheese dip from a recipe on Pinterest (now, for the life of me, I cannot find it–grrrrr) a while back. It was in its original cheese form and I have been brewing on an idea of how to translate it into a non-dairy version but without the soy. This is the beauty of raw foods–anything can happen with a scoop of cashews. Even cheese…
Raw Vegan Goat Cheese Dip Recipe
Soy, gluten, dairy-free
For Nut Cheese:
1/2 c. raw cashews, soaked for 2-3 hours, drained
juice of 1/2 lemon
1/3 c. water
1 Tb coconut oil
- 1 tsp raw apple cider vinegar
pinch of salt
For Basil Pesto:
1 c. basil leaves
2 garlic cloves
1/3 c. pine nuts
1 tsp salt
- In a food processor, combine all ingredients together.
1/2 c. sun-dried tomatoes
extra pine nuts to top with
- Take both small glass ramekins and line with plastic wrap. Don’t skip this step. Trust me. I learned the hard way.
- In a high-speed blender, blend all of the nut cheese ingredients until smooth. Place part of the mixture into lined ramekins.
- Add pesto layer on top. Top with sun-dried tomatoes. Layer with remaining cheese.
- Refrigerate for several hours until set. You can also freeze it.
- Line a small appetizer plate with olive oil and dust with dried basil. Set 1 cheese block onto place, take off plastic wrap carefully, drizzle with oil and herbs, and top with pine nuts.
- Pairs perfectly with rice crackers.
Please do not make if cashews are on the not-allowed list of your diet. They are okay for me but every body and diet is different.