So a funny thing happened to me at work yesterday: Jillian Michaels came in. With the location of my job, celebrity spotting tends to be a daily happening, which is kind of a fun perk about what I do. I try not to ogle at them (well, there was one time when Bob Balaban from “Waiting for Guffman” and “Moonrise Kingdom” came in… I was tongue-tied) just because I know they are trying to go about their lives. But for me, it just adds to the magical feeling I get now that I work in Hollywood.
I’d like to think that Jillian would approve of this dressing. So today I will pass on the gym and will eat tons of ranch dressing. All in honor of her.
Non-Dairy Ranch Dressing Recipe
Raw vegan, gluten, egg, soy and dairy-free
- 1/2 c cashews, soak for 2-3 hours and drain
- 1/4 c. water
- 1/4 c. non-dairy milk
- 1-2 garlic cloves (I went for 2 but use for taste preferrence)
- 1 Tb fresh parsely
- 1 Tb fresh chives
- 1 tsp dried dill
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 tsp raw apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- fresh ground pepper
- In a high-speed blender, all everything together except for the parsely, chives and dill until completely smooth. If you like a thinner dressing, add a little water at a time until desired consistency is reached.
- Add herbs and pulse.
- Season with salt and pepper. Adjust according to taste.
- Chill for an hour. Stays fresh for 2 days in fridge in an air-tight container.