It’s the sophisticated chip dip for St. Paddy’s Day. I mean, it’s peppered with parsley and chives so that counts for green, right? This vegan “Cool Ranch” Dip won’t be pinched either because of it (note to those who don’t know the St. Patrick’s Day rule of thumb: If you aren’t wearing green on March 17, it gives everyone free reign to pinch you. #violentholiday). That is the first time I incorporated a hashtag in my post. In fact, I think that was my second one I’ve ever done and that makes me very proud. #latebloomer.
The truth of the matter is this dip should be eaten at any social gathering and not just March 17. Wherever people gather, there shall be vegan dip and tons of potato chips for everyone! It’s the law of the land and the way of life. I should mention that the “Cool Ranch” seasoning originally came from my Homemade Doritos (3 Flavors) recipe. If you have yet to see that recipe, go there now!
Can’t eat cashews? What about sunflower seeds. Replace equally and start off with half the water and keep adding until you get the desired dip consistency that you want. I haven’t tried that yet but I don’t see why that wouldn’t work. Besides, you know my philosophy: Always experiment!
This was one photo shoot that I was actually worried that I wouldn’t have enough dip to photograph because I kept eating chip after chip…
- 1 c. raw cashews, soaked completely in water for at least 1 hour and then drained
- 1/2 c. water
- 1/4 c. fresh parsley
- 2 Tbsp. minced onion
- 1 large garlic clove
- 1/4 c. nutritional yeast
- 2 tsp. onion powder
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. dried parsley
- 1 tsp. dried chives
- 1/2 - 1 tsp. salt (depending on your salty tooth)
- In a high-speed blender, mix together the cashews and water until smooth. You want it to be a bit thick as a dip would be. If you need to add more water, add 1 tablespoon at a time.
- Add the garlic clove and 1 Tbsp. of the cool ranch seasoning and blend again until smooth. Taste first to see if you want more seasoning.
- Pulse in the fresh parsley and minced onion. You want it still chunky so don't blend it too much.
- Chill in the fridge in an airtight container. The cooler it becomes, the tastier it gets.
- You will have "Cool Ranch" seasoning leftovers--Hooray! Save in a plastic baggie or glass jar and keep as an all-purpose seasoning.
- Makes 1 cup of deliciousness.
- Serve with chips and/or cut-up veggies.
- This dip will keep fresh for 2-3 days but you won't have leftovers anyway so this is irrelevant.