So maybe Sno-Caps chocolate weren’t the best candy item to make during Los Angeles’ hottest week of the year. I found photographing these puppies only enabled them to melt even quicker while being subjected to my extremely hot-as-a-donkey’s-butt kitchen (sorry Mom for the vulgar language–I know you are reading this, threatening me with a good mouth washing). I can’t help it. I’m a classless broad.
Just make sure that when you do set out to make these that your kitchen isn’t blistering like a sauna and you have plenty of cool air flowing. Maybe even wait until the chill of fall weather sets in your town. Just saying…
Place in a box and tote them with you to your next movie (I don’t know why but I always associate Sno-Caps as movie candy).
- 5 Tb cocoa powder
- 3 Tb coconut oil, melted
- 3 Tb powdered sugar
- 1 tsp agave/maple syrup/sweetener of choice
- dash of vanilla
- vegan Sprinklez (nonpareils)
- Combine all the ingredients together (except for the sprinkles) in a small bowl.
- Allow to set for a couple of minutes in the fridge. You do not want it to completely set but you also don't want it be liquid-y. Give enough time for the coconut oil to harden up a little.
- Place in a Ziploc bag and cut a small snip out of one corner.
- One a parchment paper-line baking sheet make small circles with your chocolate.
- Immediately sprinkle with nonpareils.
- Allow to fully set in fridge or freezer.