Got a dinosaur lover in the house? About to throw a party and are at a loss as to what allergen-friendly fun treats you can serve them up? How about you make these ooey-gooey, gluten, egg, and dairy free Volcano Brownie Bites (dinosaurs not included).
Not only are they easy to make and come together in a cinch but they also give your kiddos a tasty way to say, “Hey Brontosaurus, you’re my kind of dino!” So much so that I want to eat edible exploding volcanoes with a T-Rex trying take it down. I accept that challenge reptile man.
- ¾ c. Cara's All Purpose Flour Blend
- ⅓ c. granulated sugar
- 3 Tbsp. cocoa powder
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- 3 Tbsp. boiling water
- 2 Tbsp. unsweetened applesauce
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- ½ c. nondairy chocolate chips
- ¼ c. nondairy white chocolate, melted
- sugar sand for lava color
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Whisk together the flour, sugar and salt in a medium bowl. Separately mix together the oil, water, and applesauce. Mix into the flour mix with a wooden spoon until a thick batter has formed. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop up the batter and spoon into brownie pops silicone pan until each cavity is almost full. Bake 13-15 minutes or until set. Allow to cool for a couple minutes inside until cool to touch.
- Place a lollipop stick inside the brownie bite.
- Pour the melted nondairy white chocolate over the tops of the brownies to recreate lava. Coat with sugar sand for color.
VOLCANO BROWNIE BITES RECIPE NOTES:
I used this brownie pop pan to create the volcanoes. The brownie batter base is from this gluten, egg, and dairy free Candy Bar-Stuffed Brownie recipe and is simply halved. The lava is made from my favorite: melted nondairy white chocolate (check out this great guide to help you find the white chocolate that fits all yours needs and desires) and coated with colored sugar sand. It’s alive! Simply top with a dinosaur figurine and your party is ready to go!
Dare to take a walk on the wild side.