As you might have noticed, I have a thing for creating fun, healthy, and kid-inspired meals. My Kitty Cat Oatmeal and Bell Pepper Pasta Buckets speaks for themselves. Maybe it’s just the kid in me that prefers my food to be shaped into animals or something creative but there really is something to be said about food that can be giggled at. And fun, kid-inspired meals don’t have to take long either! These simple froggy sandwiches are all about building on top of what your little one already loves, be it peanut butter and jelly, hummus and veggies, or whatever lunch meat they might like. Just build your frog on top of what you’d already serve them and see how easy it really is to recreate a frog right in front of their very own eyes.
What you’ll need for these Froggy Sandwiches: Kid Lunch Ideas
- 2 slices gluten free bread
- 2 slices cucumber, for the eyes
- 2 blueberries, for the eyes
- 1 cucumber sliced in half, for the feet
- Lettuce for the lily pads
- Create whatever sandwich your little one loves the most between 2 slices of gluten free bread.
- Using the rest of the ingredients, make your froggy face. Don't forget the lettuce lily pads!
Try serving these froggy sandwiches with a side of carrot stick tongues and blueberry flies. They just might be more hungry then your kids are…