Make snacking or lunching fun with gluten free tortillas and hummus turned into Silly Face Wraps. Adorn with cucumber eyes and cornichon noses, shove those veggies and lettuce on top for a wild head of hair and now you have the silliest meal on the block!
RELATED: Silly Face Breakfast Toasts
I was not only honored to create these Silly Face Wraps recipe for Gluten Free Living’s September/October 2015 issue but when they told me that they chose it for the cover, I was beside myself. These little guys got their 15 minutes of fame and if you ask me, they let it go to their heads a little…
RELATED: Sandwich Wrap Kabobs
This really isn’t much of a recipe as it is a tutorial. The idea is basic. Just follow my grain free tortilla recipe here, coat the inside layer with hummus, and follow the instructions below for stuffing. Don’t forget to add the veggies faces!
Here is what you will need for these Silly Face Wraps:
- Grain free tortillas
- Chopped up veggies like (but not limited to):
- Cherry tomatoes
- Green or black olives
Get your Silly Face Wraps game going strong and be the lunchbox champ among your kids. Or, shhhh! Turn your own tortillas into these Silly Faces for your own lunch. I won’t tell. I promise. Pinky swear.
- 2 large tortillas (use gluten free if needed orthis recipe for grain free)
- ½ c. hummus
- ½ cucumber, thinly sliced lengthwise
- ½ c. arugula or lettuce of choice
- sliced carrots
- sliced cucumbers
- cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- green or black olives
- Slather ¼ c. of hummus on each tortilla.
- Add the sliced cucumbers and lettuce on top, leaving extras to come out of the top. See the photo tutorial for help.
- Add anything else you want into the wrap.
- Follow the photo tutorial for folding instructions.
- Create funny faces with cut and sliced veggies of choice.
RELATED: Kid Lunchbox Ideas