Take chocolate to a new level for Valentine’s Day. Twist it, flip it, and make it healthier AND cuter. Because cute food is a food group I want to eat everyday (and should be on the food pyramid, if you ask me). Make your little ones squeal with delight at breakfast with these everything-free Chocolate Teddy Bear Muffins. Seriously. They are free from the Top 8 food allergies. No gluten, eggs, dairy, soy, peanuts, tree nuts, shellfish (but then again, that makes for a rather gross muffin flavor, don’t you think?) and corn*. All thanks to Enjoy Life’s new muffin mixes, it takes the guesswork out of muffin-making because some days we just don’t have time for homemade.
*If you are making the homemade googly eyes, they do call for corn syrup. Either replace it with brown rice syrup or honey to make it completely corn free.
Can you think of a better way to say, “I love you bear-y much!”? Probably, but come on, this is fun stuff.
Chocolate Teddy Bear Muffins
- 1 chocolate muffin recipe made with Enjoy Life mix (see below)
- homemade googly eyes
- dried apricots
- fresh blueberries
- 5 toothpicks, cut in half
Take one of your homemade chocolate muffins made with Enjoy Life’s baking mix after it has completely cooled and place 1 dried apricot in the center of the muffin for the nose:
Using a toothpick that has been cut in half, insert halfway into a sliced dried apricot (for the ears) and the other half into the muffin to secure:
Place a fresh blueberry on top of the dried apricot for the completion of the nose and add 2 homemade googly eyes just above:
Your bear-y breakfast is served!
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Lightly spray or grease a muffin tin or line with paper liners.
- Combine the muffin mix with the oil and nondairy milk and mix until just combined (approx. 10 stirs), do not over mix batter. Fol in the chocolate chips.
- Immediately pour into greased muffin tin or paper liner, filling each ⅔ full.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until golden brown and an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes in the pan, then move muffins to wire rack for additional cooling.
- Assemble the bear face with the dried apricots and blueberries. Break a toothpick in half and use for the ears to stay intact.
Okay, come on now, I cannot even stand the cuteness, can you?!!