With Valentine’s Day coming up, you want to do something special and different for your favorite person, am I right? I had a feeling I was reading you correctly. Forget roses, it’s not worth the amount of money just for this one day out of the year; and forget chocolates, your lover is way too sweet as it is. Besides, those are just cliches for this holiday anyway, and you are looking to stand out. Be creative! Be unique! Be healthy! Sorry if I was yelling. It’s just enthusiasm. I can’t help it, I’m just in love with these Smashed Chickpea Salad Bouquet Wraps!
How about a healthy wrap for Valentine’s? Now wait, don’t run away now, hear me out. Your loved one will get a KICK out of the effort you put into these wraps. I mean, not only are these Flatout wraps filled with a healthier and vegetarian version of chicken salad but they are topped with an edible bouquet of radish flowers. Now if this doesn’t scream originality then, well…where are you going for ideas, because I’d like in on the action.
Talk about a fun way to serve your veggies with lunch, I bet even your little ones will be begging for more radishes and snap peas! See now, I just got your kids to eat their veggies. Need more reasons to make this? I didn’t think so but I’ve got a couple more strong points that will really hit home with you, just humor me here. These bouquet wraps are perfect all year long, no need to just wait for Valentine’s. Forgot it was your significant other’s birthday and need a fast gift? Smashed Chickpea Salad Bouquet Wraps. Said something you regretted and are in need of a gift that says, “I’m sorry honey, I really didn’t mean that!”? Smashed Chickpea Salad Bouquet Wraps (okay, that’s getting harder to say). And, it’s my last point, I promise, there is no need to water these bouquet babies (I’m talking to you, brown thumbs out there). Phew, I’m getting long-winded over here.
All you need is:
- Flatout Wraps
- 1 recipe Smashed Chickpea Salad (see the recipe instructions)
- snap peas
Easy, right? Wait until you see how they are assembled! Now I want someone to make me these…
Smashed Chickpea Salad Bouquet WrapsPrint
- 2 Flatout wraps
- 10 radishes
- 10 snaps peas
- 10 skewers, cut in half (keep the halves with the sharp side)
- 1/2 c. lettuce
For the Smashed Chickpea Salad:
- 1 (15 oz). can chickpeas beans, rinsed and drained,
- 1/2 avocado
- 1/4 c. vegan mayo
- juice of 1 lemon wedge
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 1/4 red onion
- 1 dill pickle spear, chopped
- 2 tsp. dried dill
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 1/2 tsp. fennel seeds
- salt and pepper for flavor
- In a large bowl, roughly smash the chickpeas. Leave some beans whole; you don’t want it to be completely smooth.
- In a small bowl, smash the avocado until it is completely smooth. Add the mayo and lemon juice and mix. Add to the chickpeas.
- Throw everything else in there and mix until well combined. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place the chickpea salad onto oneFlatout wrap, leaving room on all edges (watch the video to see how it’s done).
- Fold the bottom, longside edge and then the side edges. Roll like a cone.
- In a heated skillet, grill on each side to keep from opening up.
- Cut out a star shape in the tops of each radish. Place the snap pea through the skewer for the leaf and then the radish flower.
- Place 1/4 c. lettuce into the opening of the sandwich wrap. Add the radish flowers and serve.
Feeling unsure you can make these? Don’t think you have the skill? Well, that’s silly, of course you do! Check out this video here to show you just how easy it really is:
Interested in finding a store near you that carries Flatout bread? Click here. You can usually find their products in the bakery section of your local grocery store. They are quality flatbreads, ranging from wraps (they even have a gluten free option), pizza crusts, and fold-its for sandwiches.
This post is sponsored by Flatout Bread. Though compensation has been made, all text and opinions are completely my own. Thank you for supporting Fork & Beans to partner with quality brands. You can read more about my sponsors here.