Rich and decadent, this fun Chocolate Salami dessert is filled with gluten free cookies, seeds, and a hint of orange zest. Make it for your sweetheart this Valentine’s Day or as a special treat for that next dinner party you’re hosting. It’s even better when served with my Epic Dessert Charcuterie Platter. Believe me when I say this is one made-to-impress dessert.
This Chocolate Salami recipe is actually free from all the Top 8 food allergens because, well, you know me, I care about the kiddos and peeps who are unable to eat certain ingredients. I don’t want anyone to feel left out, especially for dessert, so this treat is made without gluten, dairy, eggs, nuts, and soy, using Enjoy Life Foods chocolate chips and their sugar crisp cookies. And if you don’t know it already, I’m the BIGGEST fan of Enjoy Life. They are such a quality brand with great products for the allergen-free!
- In a small saucepan, melt the nondairy butter and chocolate chips over low heat until melted completely.
- Whisk in the coffee and orange zest. Remove from heat.
- Add the chopped up sugar cookies and pepita seeds. Pour into a bowl, cover, and chill for 90 minutes or until it has hardened a little but still moldable.
- Divide the chocolate in half and form into a log, using parchment paper or plastic wrap.
- Chill again for another hour.
- Coat with the powdered sugar using a pastry brush to evenly and lightly coat.
Slice up and serve this Chocolate Salami for a melt-in-your-mouth dessert you’ll dinner guests will love.