Turn that boring ol’ piece of toast into a work of art. You just need a few basic ingredients, like fresh fruit, bread, and peanut butter, and before you know it, you’ll be eating Lion Toast for breakfast! And I’m going to show you just how easy it is with my video tutorial in this post. Shall we? Let’s go play with our food…
Come join me over on Instagram (or YouTube) for #toasttuesday every week, where I show you my video tutorial of how to create some awesome kid breakfast toast ideas. First up: Lion Toast!Print
Kid Breakfast Lion Toast
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 2 mins
- Total Time: 7 mins
- Yield: 1 Lion Toast 1x
- 2 slices gluten free bread
- 1 Tbsp. peanut butter (see instructions for nut-free version ideas)
- mandarin slices from 1 to-go cup, drained
- 1 banana slice, cut in half
- 2 blueberries
- 1 raspberry
- 2 almonds
- Toast 1 slice of bread. Cut the other slice into 2 small circles for the cheeks. Keep the crust and slice into thin strips for the whiskers.
- Slather toasted bread with peanut butter (or use your favorite seed butter for a nut-free version).
- Surround the entire toast with mandarin slices.
- Add the banana slices and blueberries for the eyes.
- Cut a raspberry horizontally in half. Use the top part for the nose and the bottom for the mouth.
- Add the almonds for the ears (or use the remaining bread scraps in the shape of triangles for nut-free version).
- Place the whiskers on top of the cheeks.
Making breakfast fun has never been easier. Here is my video tutorial on how to make a healthy yet fun piece of Lion Toast.
Do you like this breakfast idea? There are plenty more to come! Make sure you check every week for Toast Tuesday. Can’t wait for next week and need more ideas? No worries. Check out some of my faves here:
I literally LOLed. This is so cute! So are you!!
Anjali @ Vegetarian Gastronomy
I am in LOVE with all your creative toasts…so it’s awesome you’re going to be doing a video to showcase a new one every week Cara!! Your son is going to be one lucky kid growing up…for me it’s a slap of oatmeal or cereal on school mornings and then treats like this on weekends when i have the time ha!
Oh that is all I have time for too, ha! Don’t be fooled. Not sure I even have time for Toast Tuesday with an 8 week old…<3
Seriously I don’t know if you know how excited I am about Tuesday Toast!!!
You and me both! Now I just need time to do it, ha.
Hi Cara 🙂 Can you PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE make a kids recipe book that we can buy?!?! You’re SO creative with kids stuff, and it’s so hard to find recipe books for kids allergy friendly recipes that are actually fun, not just a copy of what adults would eat!!!!!! Even if it’s just an electornic recipe book to start with or app. It would be a lifesaver. Thanks 🙂
Oh Marilyn, you are so sweet! I have been thinking about writing another cookbook, yes. I had to recover from my last one but I am ready again! Regardless, I will definitely consider doing a digital one once my little man gets a little older…xo!
This is so adorable. What kid wouldn’t LOVE to see that friendly lion on their breakfast plate?! Such a cute idea. Thanks for sharing!
That is exactly what I was thinking too 😉
This is so cute! Lovely idea.
Thank you Mandy!