Turn that boring ol’ piece of toast into a work of art. You just need a few basic ingredients, like fresh fruit, bread, and peanut butter, and before you know it, you’ll be eating Lion Toast for breakfast! And I’m going to show you just how easy it is with my video tutorial in this post. Shall we? Let’s go play with our food…
- 2 slices gluten free bread
- 1 Tbsp. peanut butter (see instructions for nut-free version ideas)
- mandarin slices from 1 to-go cup, drained
- 1 banana slice, cut in half
- 2 blueberries
- 1 raspberry
- 2 almonds
- Toast 1 slice of bread. Cut the other slice into 2 small circles for the cheeks. Keep the crust and slice into thin strips for the whiskers.
- Slather toasted bread with peanut butter (or use your favorite seed butter for a nut-free version).
- Surround the entire toast with mandarin slices.
- Add the banana slices and blueberries for the eyes.
- Cut a raspberry horizontally in half. Use the top part for the nose and the bottom for the mouth.
- Add the almonds for the ears (or use the remaining bread scraps in the shape of triangles for nut-free version).
- Place the whiskers on top of the cheeks.
Making breakfast fun has never been easier. Here is my video tutorial on how to make a healthy yet fun piece of Lion Toast.
Do you like this breakfast idea? There are plenty more to come! Make sure you check every week for Toast Tuesday. Can’t wait for next week and need more ideas? No worries. Check out some of my faves here: