Might I even say that some are overlooked as jokesters.
Simply misunderstood creatures.
But aren’t we all?
So in honor of that fun-loving Vampire who loves a good razzie,
this week, we shall focus on:
Hopefully you didn’t miss the Creepy Crudites platter
because after you’ve hooked your guests on veggie body parts,
it’s time to move on to the freaky fruits.
Your guests will be 100% [A] positive enjoying their feast on
these Vampire Mouths:
Aaaawwww, how cute. Their tongues are sticking out.
And you thought that Vampires were stereotypically out for blood.
Shame on you!
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
Makes 4 mouths
- 1 red apple
- handful of almonds (always have backup for mistakes)
- 1 strawberry, sliced thinly
- considering adding lemon juice to keep from spoiling? Mine got a little brown during its lifespan…
- 1 sharp, small knife.
- Cut apple into 4 slices.
- With a small knife, carve out a top and bottom lip. Make sure not to cut too far because you want to make sure that the apple is still in tact.
I feel like I need to insert an after-school special here folks.
Kids, this is your mother speaking.
Knives are sharp objects.
Please administer with care and precaution.
There. I feel better.
They should look like this once you are finished:
3. Carefully, slice the almonds in half. It turned out that I could only save one side when doing this so I needed 2 almonds per mouth.
4. Gently, I repeat, gently place the almonds into the top portion of the mouth until it sticks without holding it. Use your knife to carve out a little tiny hole if needed.
5. Place strawberry slice inside mouth to resemble a tongue.
Okay so maybe stereotypes exist for a reason. These bites were looking for more than just a good time.
Hey, these little creatures are so versatile too!
You can eat them
You can pose with them in a picture.
The ghost on my shoulder spooked me out so that it made even the hairs on top of my head stick up.
P.S. No, my hair doesn’t normally look like that.
P.P.S. Okay, yes it does…