A funny thing happened to me on my way to the Olive Festival in Paso Robles this weekend…
At one of the booths sat a psychic, offering tarot card, palm and energy readings. I, of course, being of curious nature have always wanted to cross that off my list of “Things to Finally Try” so I paid my $30 and immediately gave Rose my palms to read.
“You will live a long and good life”…
I sat there wondering if she has ever broken the bad news to someone that they are going to die next week or if that is just every psychic’s modus operandi to make you feel good from bullet point one that I have many full years ahead of me (regardless if that is the truth or not). I immediately began to regret my decision until she started to read my energy and spoke on things of more substance. Like the direction I am going in life…something that has been weighing heavily on my heart as of late.
I’m all ears, Rose.
She said that I was a creative person who was designed to help people and that my career is closely connected to home, meaning that whatever it is that I will do, it involves aspects of home life. She also said that livestock is in my future. Along with fields and fields of land. And a big body of water.
I got a kick out of that one.Print
- 1/2 c. cashews, soaked for 1 hour, rinsed and drained
- 4 c. filtered water
- 2 Tbsp. coconut oil, melted (refined, if you don’t like the taste of coconut)
- 2 Tbsp. agave nectar or maple syrup (more or less according to taste preference)
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- small pinch sea salt
For strawberry milk:
- Add 1 c. fresh or frozen strawberries
For chocolate milk:
- Add 4 Tbsp. raw cacao powder (or regular cocoa powder)
For banana milk:
- Add 1 medium banana
For blueberry milk:
- Add 1 c. fresh or frozen blueberries
- Blend the cashews and water together until it becomes almost smooth like butter. Add the remaining ingredients into the blend and mix for 2 minutes or until completely smooth.
- Pour through a fine mesh strainer to catch the unblended cashew pieces and place into a sealed container. Chill in the fridge.
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 157
- Sugar: 4g
- Fat: 15g
- Carbohydrates: 9g
- Fiber: 0.5g
- Protein: 3g
But what struck me the most was that she kept saying that she reads a lot of confusion in my life and that I am in the place of being stuck. Precisely. I do feel stuck. I have felt stuck for awhile. And though Rose did not give me anything in terms of how to unstick myself, there was something about her telling me this that gave me a little glimmer of hope.
The changes are coming (both in my life and with Fork and Beans). Thank you for being patient with me, friends. My deepest apologies for not being on top of responding to every comment (something that is so important to me). I am in the process of unsticking…