Ever fight with your child on eating more veggies or maybe you just want a different way to serve that kiddo his or her favorite recipe? Make your smoothies fun and with scary or silly faces! I mean, if I were a kid and my mom (or dad) said, “Daughter, today I feed you Monster Smoothie Bowls” I’d be pretty darn-tootin’ excited. I mean, I’d be rubbing their feet for days in gratitude.*
*Please do not complain to me if your child does not rub your feet as a means to thank you for such clever food. It is not my fault.
You really don’t have to follow this recipe of mine (it’s just my go-to when I need quick nutrition on the go) and in place use your favorite. But if you are serving these smoothie bowls to your kids, make sure to make them fun by creating a monster face out of them (or if your child easily scares, you can always make it a silly face–ha).Print
- 14 oz. nondairy milk
- 1 banana
- 8 large frozen strawberries
- 2 handfuls of fresh spinach
- 3 Tbsp. DIY plant based protein powder (optional)
- handful of ice cubes
- Sweeter of choice if needed
For the faces:
- Used sliced fruit like bananas, strawberries, lemons, fresh blueberries and nuts and go wild with your creativity!
- Throw everything into a high speed blender and mix until thick and smooth. You might need to add more ice if you want it thicker.
- Immediately decorate or have your kids decorate them after you place the smoothie into a bowl.
The options are really up to you on what you want to do but what a fun way to serve up goodness in a bowl for the kiddos? Or for you. I won’t tell.