I feel so lucky I could pinch myself. This post is brought to you in part by Porch (you can read all about this fabulous blogger program here) and KitchenAid®, who have teamed up together to bring you a super fun giveaway that you can enter to win your very own Stand Mixer and Spiralizer attachment. And trust me, you are going to want to enter this contest because you will need these kitchen goodies in order to make these homemade Tornado Fries. Did I mention that they happen to be baked and coated in a nondairy Sour Cream & Onion seasoning?
Once you get familiar with how to use your mixer and attachment, this is the easiest recipe that is healthy, delicious, and happens to be served on a skewer. It’s like a snack on the go. But you need the KitchenAid Stand Mixer and Spiralizer attachment in order to make these (sorry you guys, there are no subs).
Homemade Tornado Fries
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Total Time: 40 mins
- Yield: 4 Tornado Fries 1x
- 2 small russet potatoes
For Sour Cream & Onion seasoning:
- 1 Tbsp. nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. dried chives
- 1/4 tsp. dried parsley
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- Kitchen Aid Stand Mixer
- Spiralizer attachment
- 4 skewers
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine the seasoning ingredients together until well blended. You might need to gently blend it if you have larger granules.
- Attach your spiralizer to your Stand Mixer according to your machine’s instructions.
- Secure your potato and at the speed of 4, spiralize your potato. Go tornado fries!
- Cut each potato in half. Toss in small amount of oil just to lightly coat and sprinkle the seasoning over the potato.
- Place a skewer through the potato, making sure that you are going through the flesh, not the hole created in the middle. This will secure it on the skewer. Gently push down until the potato is like an open accordian. Repeat for all potatoes halves.
- Place on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet and bake for 25-30 minutes or until desired crispness is attained.
- Serving Size: 1 Baked Tornado Fries
- Calories: 115
- Sugar: 1.4g
- Sodium: 125mg
- Fat: 3.6g
- Carbohydrates: 18g
- Fiber: 3.2g
- Protein: 3g
Here is all you have to do:
- Enter from now until August 30th to win over here.
- Every friend that you refer actually gets you an EXTRA entry so don’t be shy and share your code.
- Cross your fingers and wait for your name to be drawn on August 31st.
Now scoot, go! Enter to win one of these bad boys. It’s already one of my favorite kitchen gadgets by far. Good luck!
Thanks CARA to post this healthy and delicious recipe of Homemade Tornado Fries. I love your thought of providing new recipes every time. That is why this makes you different from other blogger. This is the reason I like your blog and read every recipes.
Here, you have used Stand mixer in this delectable recipes. I always like to try new recipes. I keep on doing experiment in my kitchen to make some delicious food like you.
I am from India. Can you provide me information related to KitchenAid stand mixer and accessories In India?
Where to buy these products in India? What about kitchenaid official website in India?
Anjali @ Vegetarian Gastronomy
I love these type of fries! Only find them at fairs and have been meaning to make my own at home!
Not happy right now. I’m in Canada so I can’t enter.
Oh bummer Karen, I am so sorry to hear that! 🙁
Little Vegan Bear
Ha! Cool!! I love those things 😀
Am I correct to assume that the attachment is an expensive item? Just wondering, because I have another little gadget that makes noodles out of veggies so I’m going to give that one a try first.
It’s around $100 I believe BUT if you enter to win, you can get it for FREEEEEE! 😉
Rebecca @ Strength and Sunshine
A summer down-the-shore boardwalk staple!
Aaaahhhh, I love foods that remind you of fond times that can still be healthier 🙂
You know, I don’t use my spiralizer much, although it will make that cut because of my shoulder damage, all that twirling. Now I have to go find more space in my kitchen for another gadget. Geez. Come see me and raid my kitchen toys so I have somewhere to put it! Please.
Ha, I feel like this is my daily struggle. Especially now with the wedding gifts pouring in, I have NO IDEA where to put it all in my tiny place. But I have put to good use a certain toaster that I have grown rather fond of… 😉
You know, my choice at the time was that or the ice cream maker but I wanted something you’d use every day. Wait. Stop. What am I saying? Should have just flipped a coin. HaHa