I feel so lucky I could pinch myself. This post is brought to you in part by Porch (you can read all about this fabulous blogger program here) and KitchenAid®, who have teamed up together to bring you a super fun giveaway that you can enter to win your very own Stand Mixer and Spiralizer attachment. And trust me, you are going to want to enter this contest because you will need these kitchen goodies in order to make these homemade Tornado Fries. Did I mention that they happen to be baked and coated in a nondairy Sour Cream & Onion seasoning?
Once you get familiar with how to use your mixer and attachment, this is the easiest recipe that is healthy, delicious, and happens to be served on a skewer. It’s like a snack on the go. But you need the KitchenAid Stand Mixer and Spiralizer attachment in order to make these (sorry you guys, there are no subs).
- 2 small russet potatoes
For Sour Cream & Onion seasoning:
- 1 Tbsp. nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. dried chives
- 1/4 tsp. dried parsley
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- Kitchen Aid Stand Mixer
- Spiralizer attachment
- 4 skewers
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine the seasoning ingredients together until well blended. You might need to gently blend it if you have larger granules.
- Attach your spiralizer to your Stand Mixer according to your machine’s instructions.
- Secure your potato and at the speed of 4, spiralize your potato. Go tornado fries!
- Cut each potato in half. Toss in small amount of oil just to lightly coat and sprinkle the seasoning over the potato.
- Place a skewer through the potato, making sure that you are going through the flesh, not the hole created in the middle. This will secure it on the skewer. Gently push down until the potato is like an open accordian. Repeat for all potatoes halves.
- Place on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet and bake for 25-30 minutes or until desired crispness is attained.
- Serving Size: 1 Baked Tornado Fries
- Calories: 115
- Sugar: 1.4g
- Sodium: 125mg
- Fat: 3.6g
- Carbohydrates: 18g
- Fiber: 3.2g
- Protein: 3g
Here is all you have to do:
- Enter from now until August 30th to win over here.
- Every friend that you refer actually gets you an EXTRA entry so don’t be shy and share your code.
- Cross your fingers and wait for your name to be drawn on August 31st.
Now scoot, go! Enter to win one of these bad boys. It’s already one of my favorite kitchen gadgets by far. Good luck!