I must be on a vegan caramel kick lately (it’s all I have been posting it seems) but I am not even kidding you that this is the best vegan caramel sauce recipe I have yet to taste! The nut butter really mellows out the vegan butter and gives that perfect caramel flavor I have been looking for.
Excitement alert: You can find out how I made these super fun Caramel Apple Vampire Bites (pictured below) in my upcoming Halloween Special eBook.
That’s right, I said it. I’m making a freaking Halloween-inspired eBook. I seriously cannot wait to make this available to you all, friends (coming at the end of this month). It’s my best Halloween work yet and if you are at all a fan of this holiday and Halloween-inspired foods then this book is a must buy for you!
- 1/3 c. vegan butter
- 1/3 c. light corn syrup
- 2/3 c. vegan sugar (I like Zulka sugar)
- 3 Tb. water
- 1/3 c. creamy peanut butter (or almond works fine)
- Combine the first 5 ingredients together in a microwave-safe bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and cook on high for 2 minutes.
- CAREFULLY remove the plastic (please don't allow the steam to burn your fingers like I did mine) and stir the mixture. Place plastic back on (or use a new piece) and cook another 2 minutes.
- Add peanut butter and cook 45 seconds.
- Remove from the microwave with oven mitts.
- Perfect for dipping with apple slices or for making caramel apples (makes enough to cover 3 medium/large apples).