It’s that time of the year where everything you bake needs to filled with the flavor of pumpkin. It’s a must, am I right?! There is nothing like having your entire house fill up with the smell of fall. I know, I know. I’m going back and forth on my posts. One day I’m all about Christmas and making these incredible Cranberry Bliss Bars and then the next day I’m back on for Thanksgiving, offering up gluten-free pumpkin muffins. I cannot help it. I’m allowed to change my mind. Even if it is constant 🙂
Regardless, I believe that this season (let us call it Thanksmas) causes me to wanting nothing but to pumpkinify everything I eat or make. And after the pumpkin is added, so are the non-dairy white chocolate chips, cranberries, and ginger. These gluten, egg, and dairy-free muffins have 2 of the 4 mentioned, they will do just the trick for those moments when you need to sink your teeth into something light, fluffy, yummy and any other adjective that is good for describing something delicious.
Gluten-Free Vegan Pumpkin Muffins Recipe
- 2 c. Cara's All Purpose Flour Blend
- ¾ c. brown sugar
- ½ c. sugar
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ¾ tsp. xanthan gum
- 1½ tsp. cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. nutmeg
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 c. canned pumpkin puree (not the pie mix)
- ½ c. oil
- ½ c. boiling water
- 1 Tbsp. Ener-G egg replacer + 4 Tbsp. warm water (equivalent of 2 eggs), beaten with electric mixer for 30 seconds
- ½ c. walnuts, chopped (optional)
- ½ c. gluten-free flour blend
- ¼ c. packed brown sugar
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- 3 Tb nondairy butter, cold and cut into small pieces
- ½ c. chopped toasted walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease or line a muffin pan.
- In a large bowl, mix all of the dry ingredients together.
- In a medium bowl, thoroughly mix the wet ingredients together.
- Pour wet ingredients into the dry. With a wooden spoon, mix until just combined. Fold in walnuts.
- Pour batter into the muffin pan using a cupcake scoop. Garnish with streusel topping.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until knife comes out smooth when inserted.
- Allow to cool for a couple of minutes and transfer to cooling rack.