Talk about a home delivery that I love to see on my doorstep: A box full of high-quality, freshly picked, tree-ripened strawberry papayas straight from Jamaica from Martha’s Best. These papayas are beyond good. I had to quickly make this Tropical Papaya Gelato because I was tempted to eat every papaya in the box as is (which I already did with one of the boxes). So easy to slice in half, spoon the seeds out, and scoop out the flesh, bite by bite. Nature’s perfect snack. And nature’s perfect gelato apparently…
I wanted to make sure that I kept the beautiful flavor of these papayas and wanted to use as little as ingredients as possible, keeping it a healthier dessert option, packed with tons of papaya’s nutrients and goodness.
This easy-to-make gelato only uses 3 ingredients with the option of possible add-ins: Coconut cream, maple or agave syrup, and papayas. That’s it, folks. Blend them together in a high speed blender and freeze it. In a matter of minutes you have a true-to-nature gelato that hits the spot. You’ll feel like you’re on a tropical island.
And the fact that you don’t need an ice cream maker takes this recipe to stellar status.
- 3 Martha's Best papayas, deseeded and cubed
- 14 oz. can coconut cream (I get mine at Trader Joe's)
- 2-3 Tbsp. maple or agave syrup (add more if preferred)
- ⅓ c. shredded coconut
- ½ c. pineapple chunks
- 3 Tbsp. macadamia nuts or almonds, roughly chopped
- Throw everything into a high-speed blender until smooth. Place into a metal loaf pan, cover, and freeze until set.
- Fold in the add-ins last before freezing if you want.