I have been like a shaken up snowglobe, waiting for the snow pieces to settle back down to the bottom. Hence my disappearance as of late. I have been hoping that the less my life moves, the sooner everything settles.
Have you ever had a crazy time in your life where you are consumed by the insanity that you almost forget what exactly it is that you have been through? I have been slowly able to gradually build back a routine in this new life of mine and this weekend, as I sat in momentary silence, it occurred to me: Son of a Vondruke, my life has been flipped upside down these past 3 months! The amount of changes that I have endured is ridiculous:
Finding my dream job.
Losing my dream job.
Getting accustomed to a new life, new routine, new city
All I can do is pray for the snow to settle quicker.
Especially when I don’t want the chocolate to melt all over my fingers…
Snickers Ice Cream Bar Recipe
Gluten, dairy and egg free
makes 10 Snickers ice cream bars
- 1 1/2 c. non-dairy ice cream
- *raw caramel sauce
- 1/2 c. peanuts
- 1 1/4 c. Enjoy Life chocolate chips + 1/2 c coconut oil, melted til smooth
*Raw Caramel Sauce
- 10 dates, depitted and chopped
- 2 Tb water
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 Tb coconut oil
- 2 Tb agave
- Blend all the ingredients until smooth.
- Line a small dish (I used a 6″ pan) with parchment or wax paper.
- Fill bottom layer with ice cream. Freeze for 20 minutes if ice cream is too soft.
- Second layer is chilled date caramel sauce.
- Coat with peanuts.
- Freeze for 1 hour.
- Remove from the pan and cut into 3″ pieces. Dip into chocolate sauce, place on parchment paper-lined plate and freeze again for 10 minutes.