I have been like a shaken up snowglobe, waiting for the snow pieces to settle back down to the bottom. Hence my disappearance as of late. I have been hoping that the less my life moves, the sooner everything settles. And hopefully the sweeter it will become, just like these vegan Ice Cream Snickers Bars.
RELATED: Vegan Rocky Road Ice Cream
Have you ever had a crazy time in your life where you are consumed by the insanity that you almost forget what exactly it is that you have been through? I have been slowly able to gradually build back a routine in this new life of mine and this weekend, as I sat in momentary silence, it occurred to me: Son of a Vondruke, my life has been flipped upside down these past 3 months! The amount of changes that I have endured is ridiculous:
Finding my dream job.
Losing my dream job.
Getting accustomed to a new life, new routine, new city
RELATED: Easy Chipwiches
All I can do is pray for the snow to settle quicker.
Especially when I don’t want the chocolate to melt all over my fingers…
RELATED: Easiest Berry FroYo
Layered with nondairy ice cream, raw caramel, peanuts, and dipped into melted chocolate, these Vegan Ice Cream Snickers Bars are the perfect cool treat.Print
- 2 c. dairy free vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 c. peanuts, unsalted
- 2 c. Enjoy Life chocolate chips + 1/2 c coconut oil, melted until smooth
Raw Caramel Sauce
- 10 dates, depitted and chopped
- 2 Tbsp. water
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 2 Tbsp. maple syrup
- Blend all the ingredients for the raw caramel sauce until smooth.
- Line an 8″x8″ pan with parchment paper.
- Fill bottom layer with softened ice cream by scooping out the ice cream and then flattening it down with a spatula.
- Layer with the date caramel sauce on top of the ice cream and then coat with the peanuts. Freeze for 1 hour.
- Remove the parchment paper from the pan and cut in half and then into small rectangular pieces.
- Carefully dip into the melted chocolate sauce. Place on a plate that is lined with parchment paper and freeze again for 10 minutes.
RELATED: Almost Raw Snickers Bars