Your kitchen has been infested with the cutest and most edible Halloween Spider Cookies (and made with allergen-friendly ingredients, thanks to Enjoy Life!) Best part of these treats is that they don’t require an oven to be turned on…these holiday-inspired treats are completely no-bake. Did I win you over at no-bake? Good, I like hearing that.
These Halloween Spider Cookies do ask for a little patience, however. Those pesky little legs require time to glue with melted dairy free chocolate and freeze together* so this recipe does ask for some tender loving care and gentleness (please read the sentence below for a great tip that makes for an easier assembly of these cookies).
*If you don’t want to “glue” the legs together with chocolate, you can just take 1 gluten free pretzel stick and place it flat on the side of the cookie.
In order to make these cuties, you’ll need the following:
- Enjoy Life double chocolate chip cookies
- sunflower seed butter
- Enjoy Life mini chips Snack Packs
- gluten free pretzel sticks
- homemade googly eyes
- melted dairy free chocolate
Here is an easy how-to photo tutorial on how to put together these Halloween Spider Cookies:
- Glue together the gluten free pretzel stick halves with the melted chocolate for the legs (as pictured below). Gently place on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet and freeze. Only bring out of the freezer once the spider cookie has been assembled and is in need of legs.
- Slather a Tbsp of sunflower seed butter on top of each cookie.
- Top with half of a bag of mini chocolate chips snack pack and gently pat down.
- Glue the googly eyes on top of the mini chocolate chips. Use a variety of eye amounts per cookie (for example, on one cookie, use 3; on another, use 4, etc).
- Place the cookies on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- Glue the frozen legs to the tops of the cookies. Freeze again until set. Don't take out until you are ready to serve.
2. Yes, spiders have 8 legs but I found it overcrowded the cookies so I only used 6 legs. If it bothers you, feel free to use 8 🙂
You might be noticing these adorable mini chocolate chip snack packs in the photo below. AREN’T THEY CUTE?! They are the perfect on-the-go snack for the allergen-free who are need of a sweet treat but need a safe option. And they are new to Enjoy Life, giving moms and dads all over the option of throwing a snack pack into their little one’s lunch. Check out their website here for more info and where to buy them.
This post has been sponsored by Enjoy Life. All opinions and text are my own.
For more Spider recipe ideas, check these out: