Spice up your winter mornings with a Ruddie Oatmeal Bowl, all made with simple ingredients found in your pantry. If you cannot have oats you can make this grain free hot cereal version made with nuts or even this Cauliflower, yes I said cauliflower, FauxMeal. I hear your judgments, don’t knock it until you try it 😉
This is going to be my last Christmas without little ones running around in the house. It’s unbelievable really. I’m due the first week of January and who knows? This little boy growing inside of me might even decide to be born around Christmas this year, what a gift! All I can think about it is how I cannot wait to make him a Ruddie Oatmeal Bowl when he’s older. Heck, I’ll finally have someone to make ALL of these food creations for! I’m entering a new phase in life and though yes, it does scare the snot out of me (especially as his birth is approaching: I have FIVE weeks left!), I’m beyond ready and excited for this new adventure.
- ½ rolled oats
- ¾ c. water
- ¼ c. dairy free milk
- 1 slice gluten free bread
- 2 slices banana
- 2 mini chocolate chips
- 1 pomegranate seed (or raspberry)
- Add the oats, water and dairy free milk to a small pot and bring to a boil (or cook your oatmeal according to the directions on the package). Bring down to a simmer, uncovered, while stirring often for 5 minutes.
- Add whatever you want to your oatmeal (i.e.: dairy free butter, brown sugar, etc).
- Cut the gluten free bread in 3 vertical slices. Make the antlers from the ends and cut out an oval with the middle piece. You might need 2 slices of bread, depending on the brand you use and how large/small the slice is.
- Create the Ruddie face and enjoy.
Christmas is such a special time in life, why not make your breakfasts just as special? Who can possibly turn down Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer in a bowl of oatmeal??! It screams, HEY! HAPPY HOLIDAYS! I LOVE YOU! Okay sorry, I’m not quite sure why I just yelled at you…
For more fun Christmas breakfast ideas: