I love chicks (snick) Okay, okay. let me rephrase that. I love chickpeas. Like, a lot. get used to seeing a lot of beans in this blog (welcome to fork and beans!) and especially chickpeas. so i wanted to come up with a new way to cook these bad boys and here is quite the creation. depending on how many people you are cooking for this recipe will be based off of 1 can of beans. to get an idea, these were so good that i each literally ate almost an entire can! did i just admit that??? yes, i did! it was THAT good. feel free to double…or triple…or quadruple this recipe to fit your individual needs.
Roasted Garlicky Chickpeas Recipe
- 1 can chickpeas
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 Tbs chopped fresh thyme
- juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees
- Combine all the ingredients together.
- Slop it on to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Stick in the oven for 20 minutes until you get the texture you desire (i didn’t want mine too crunchy. greg did. i won.)
- Take out of the oven and immediately sprinkle with a pinch of salt to taste.
- Serve as is or in a salad is great!
rarely do i eat a salad as quickly as i did with this one. i guarantee you the same edible ferociousness. it’s a sure hit!