I love chicks (snick) Okay, okay. let me rephrase that. I love chickpeas. Like, a lot. get used to seeing a lot of beans in this blog (welcome to fork and beans!) and especially chickpeas. so i wanted to come up with a new way to cook these bad boys and here is quite the creation. depending on how many people you are cooking for this recipe will be based off of 1 can of beans. to get an idea, these were so good that i each literally ate almost an entire can! did i just admit that??? yes, i did! it was THAT good. feel free to double…or triple…or quadruple this recipe to fit your individual needs.
Roasted Garlicky Chickpeas Recipe
- 1 can chickpeas
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 Tbs chopped fresh thyme
- juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees
- Combine all the ingredients together.
- Slop it on to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Stick in the oven for 20 minutes until you get the texture you desire (i didn’t want mine too crunchy. greg did. i won.)
- Take out of the oven and immediately sprinkle with a pinch of salt to taste.
- Serve as is or in a salad is great!
rarely do i eat a salad as quickly as i did with this one. i guarantee you the same edible ferociousness. it’s a sure hit!
Happy Birthday BLOGGY! So cool 🙂 I love roasted chickpeas….. these sound just the ticket – I have been known to eat 2 cans of chickpeas in a 20 minute sitting. Yeeeesh. I have a recipe for CHOCOLATE baked chickpeas on my blog, hehehe 😉 They are good, believe me!
I’m going to try this, looks good.
It really is! You better make sure you don’t make any to share either because you will eat them all 🙂