There are few combos that are forever instilled as classics in our minds. Think about them, you know what they are. Combos like peanut butter and jelly, peas and carrots, cookies and milk, and peanut and chocolate. There is something so soothing and satisfying about these food combos, as if they were simply created to be together. Which is probably why peanut butter and chocolate are one of my favorites and why these No Bake Peanut Butter Bars bring me happiness. There is so much of my childhood all wrapped up into one of these bars.
I love a good dessert that asks for minimal ingredients (only 6, to count!), is incredibly quick to throw together (perfect for those last minute bake sales you totally forgot about), and packs a flavorful crunch with every bite. It’s like a peanut butter cup all grown up.
In need of a dessert that is quick to throw together and an instant crowd pleaser? These No Bake Peanut Butter Bars are just the recipe you need. Made without gluten, eggs, and dairy, they are an allergen-friendly treat.*
*Have someone with a peanut allergy? Try replacing the peanut butter with sunflower seed butter instead!Print
This recipe is part of my 12 Days of Christmas Cookies with Brooke of Crackers on the Couch, who shells out fabulous recipes for the holidays and I take out the gluten, eggs, and dairy. You can see her original post here.
- 1 1/2 c. chunky peanut butter
- 1/2 c. melted coconut oil
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 c. powdered sugar
- 2 c. gluten-free graham crackers, finely crushed
- 1 1/2 c. dairy free chocolate chips, melted
- Line an 8×8 pan with parchment paper.
- Mix everything except the melted chocolate together until completely smooth.
- Press pan and smooth over with the back of a spoon.
- Pour the melted chocolate over on the top until evenly distributed. Chill for 10 minutes or until the chocolate has just started to set. Create cut lines through the chocolate, as if you were cutting into square shapes (this also called “skoring”) to help easily guide you once the chocolate has completely set.
- Allow to chill for another 2+ hours, or until the bars have set.
If you are having difficulties finding a store-bought gluten free graham cracker that is free from the allergens you need, you can always make these awesomely homemade graham crackers.
This recipe is also featured in my cookbook, Decadent Gluten Free Vegan Baking:
And these bars are just that: DECADENT. There is nothing healthy about this dessert but every once and awhile you just gotta let loose, throw caution to the wind, and have a No Bake Peanut Butter Bar to make you feel young again. I knew you’d agree…