Over the past year, chia seeds have quickly become one of my favorite foods simply based off of their versatility. They can be easily turned into one of the tastiest breakfast or used as the perfect egg replacer. So when the happy folks over at Health Warrior reached out to me to test out one of their recipes made with their chia seeds, how on earth could I possibly refuse?! Especially when the recipe is to create a freaking blackberry jam that is gelatin-free. In fact, the only thing that holds this jam in tact is, well, you guessed it, the chia seeds!
A healthier (and tastier) way to eat your peanut butter and jelly!
Check out Health Warrior’s website and take a look around at all the little goodies they offer. While you are there, read up on how healthy this nutritionally-dense food truly is. Click the links below on whichever road your wish to roam.
- 1 c. frozen blackberries, starting to thaw
- 1/2 c. water
- 1/2 c. granulated sugar
- 2 Tb whole, dry Health Warrior chia seeds
- Bring water to a boil in a medium saucepan. Add the granulated sugar and stir until it dissolves. Remove from heat.
- Pour 2 Tbsp. of sugar water into a blender and blend with the blackberries until smooth (or with chunks–depending on what consistency you prefer). Add whole chia seeds to the mix and stir until well blended.
- Place in a bowl or jar and chill in the fridge for 1 hour in order to set.
**Please note that Health Warrior supplied me with every ingredient pictured here and the bread is not gluten-free.**
This is an unpaid review.