It’s that mother stinkin’ time of the year friends:
I am so excited about this season. Why? Not only do you get to peruse tons upon tons of awesome blogs who are posting 30 days straight about vegan food but also because it’s been my month since 2011 for all-things Halloween. If you are new to Fork and Beans, you have no idea what you are getting yourself into. I love me some Halloween and this is the time where my creativity really comes out.
Don’t believe me? Check out this section of recipes reserved for a Halloween theme. Or how about these Frankenstein Brown Rice Krispie Treats for size? They are an extremely fun way to celebrate the season while remaining true to your gluten-free and vegan roots.
For the Rice Krispies:
- 1 Tbsp. vegan butter
- 2 c. vegan marshmallows
- 4 c. organic brown rice cereal
- 5 drops natural green coloring
For the hair/mouth:
- 1/2 c. nondairy chocolate, melted + 1 Tbsp. coconut oil or shortening to smooth out
- chocolate sprinkles
For the eyes:
For the neck bolts:
- 6 vegan marshmallows, sliced in half
- 6 popsicle sticks
- Line an 8×8 pan with wax paper.
- In a medium saucepan, melt the vegan butter and vegan marshmallows on medium/low heat, stirring often.
- Once they are completely melted, remove from the heat and add the natural food coloring until
- well-combined. Add the brown rice cereal.
- Place in the 8×8 pan and pat down gently. Allow to cool down for 10 minutes. Cut into 6 rectangles. Place a popsicle stick into each Treat.
- Coat the tops of the treats with melted chocolate and sprinkles.
- “Glue” the homemade googly eyes with melted chocolate for the eyes and the marshmallows for the bolts. Draw the mouths with more melted chocolate. Allow to set.
- Serving Size: 1 Frankenstein
- Calories: 229
- Sugar: 20g
- Sodium: 117mg
- Fat: 4.2g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Carbohydrates: 46g
- Fiber: 0g
- Protein: 2g
Check out this plant-based food coloring company for a gluten-free and vegan option to safely color your food for that once-in-awhile treat. Love these Frankenstein treats? I would love to see a picture of your homemade version on Instagram!
This post contains an affiliate link that, if purchased, I do receive a small commission off of in order to keep Fork and Beans dipped in nondairy chocolate.