This little guy is short, sweet and to the point. I’m taking one of my most favorite foods (avocado…okay, okay, the chips too!) and I’m making them into a Thanksgiving treat. No need for cranberries or pumpkin, heck, anything fall flavored here. Nope, I’m using traditional California ingredients that happen to be seasonal all year long. Now I just need a big bowl of freshly made salsa and a beer and we are set for the holidays with this Turkey Guacamole Dip.
You have a few options for serving this. It can be the prelude to Thanksgiving dinner; a fun way to serve up appetizers OR just a fun treat at home to get yourself in the mood for what’s to come. Make it for the kids, make it for yourself. There’s nothing more adult-like than eating guacamole in the shape of a turkey. Believe me, I should know. Dear God, I need kids…
So simple and easy is this Turkey Guacamole Dip!Print
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1 Tbsp. cilantro, minced
- juice of 1/2 lime
- 2 cucumber slices, for the eyes
- 2 small circles of nondairy cheeze, for the eyes
- 2 peppercorns, for the eyes
- 1 baby carrot, use for the beak and feet
- 1/4 of a cherry tomato, for the snood
- Blue corn chips, for the feathers
- In a bowl, scoop out the flesh of the avocado and smash it down.
- Add the garlic, lime juice, cilantro and salt until well-combined.
- Place the guacamole back into the avocado skin.
- Put on a plate and assemble the face.
- Add chips around the turkey and serve.
- Serving Size: 1/2 serving
- Calories: 233
- Sodium: 198mg
- Fat: 8g
- Carbohydrates: 28g
- Fiber: 7.2g
- Protein: 4.4g
This Turkey Guacamole Dip is naturally gluten free and vegan and will have you gobbling out “Save the Turkeys!” in no time.