Even the scariest of monsters are susceptible to food allergies these days, just like these gluten and dairy free Vampire Bagels. He might look frightening, yes, just keep him away from wheat and milk–it will reek havoc on his digestive system. That is why this Halloween-Inspired breakfast is made with gluten free bagels (you can find store-bought with BFree or Schar OR make your own gluten free vegan bagels) and dairy free cream cheese (either your favorite store-bought version OR make you own with cashews with this Raw Garden Herb Spreadable Cheese).
Vampire Bagels Recipe Tips:
- Make sure you cut the fangs in half so you have a separate upper and lower part. If you try to place the fangs into the bagels without cutting them, it will only make the middle hole spread, ultimately making the bagel break in half. Trust me.
- Have all the vegetables cut and ready to go before you spread the dairy free cream cheese onto the gluten free bagel.
- Use a toothpick to push the chopped olives in place for the widow’s peak hair. This is the hardest part and will require some patience but using a toothpick will greatly help you.
Turn an ordinary breakfast food into an allergen-friendly Vampire Bagel this Halloween. Your kids will beg for a BITE!Print
- 1 bagel, split in half (for the head)
- dairy free cream cheese (use this homemade option if not nut free)
- 6 black olives, finely chopped (for the widow’s peak hair)
- 1 black olive, thinly sliced (for the eyebrows)
- 4 mini blueberries (for the eyes)
- 2 carrot slices, cut in half (for the ears)
- 2 mini red bell peppers (for the cape collar)
- 2 small slices of the scraps from the red bell pepper (for the nose)
- 1 olive, sliced in half (for the bowtie)
- 2 sets plastic fangs
- Create a slightly larger hole in the middle to fit the teeth. Cut the plastic fangs so the top and bottom are separate. Secure into the bagel.
- Spread the cream cheese evenly onto the bagel.
- Assemble the vampire faces and serve for a spooktacular breakfast.
Need more savory Halloween recipe ideas that aren’t full of sugar? Check these out: