Who says that being gluten, egg, and dairy-free means you are unable to entertain your guests with fun-sized, tasty food? There is no need to feel limited just because you might be allergic to or are avoiding specific foods.
This protein-packed recipe proves just that point. These mini burgers are just what your guests want to sink their teeth into…and they are so cute too! The perfect party food.
Black Bean Sliders Recipe
Gluten, egg, and dairy-free
Makes 8-10 sliders or 4 regular-sized patties
- 1 can black beans, mashed with the back of a spoon (you don’t want it too pureed)
- 3 TB old-fashioned rolled oats
- 2 heaping TB flour (I used sprouted black bean flour from WF and it worked beautifully!)
- 1 Tb chia seed, already ground + 2 Tb water, allow to sit for 5-7 min until thickened
- 1/4 red onion, diced
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
**I made my own hamburger buns which tasted good but ended up a little denser than hoped for. If you want the recipe, I am more than happy to post it but it still needs fixing.
- Mix together all ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Form into small patties.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Brown the patties on both sides (approx 5 min).