It’s already happening.
We completely bypassed any sign of winter and went straight into spring. The worst part? It’s already summer now here in LA. Let’s do the math. That’s 6 months of hot, hot heat.
It’s miserable when you only have a window air conditioning unit and the heat sucks out any ounce of energy that you might have left.
The only good thing about summer is the craving for chips and salsa at every meal. This summer, me thinks I will try out as many salsa combinations as possible. Here we go with round one…
Avocado Mango Fig Salsa Recipe
Gluten, egg, and dairy-free
Makes 1 - 1 1/2 cups
- 1 mango, peeled and cut into small cubes
- 1/2 semi-firm avocado, cubed
- 3 figs, chopped
- 1/4 red onion, thinly diced
- 1 Tb cilantro, chopped
- 1 Fresno chili, diced
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1/2 tsp salt, or to preference
- Combine all the ingredients into a medium bowl except for the avocado.
- Add avocado and gently stir in.
- Serve with favorite chips.