If you haven’t learned yet, the possibilities of turning veggies into hearty meal are endless.
Anyone who tells me that eating a mainly vegetarian diet isn’t satisfying hasn’t eaten at my house. Not to say that every body works well on a veggie-based diet–I do not understand anyone else’s body but my own, however what I do know is that veggies for dinner can be flippin’ tasty AND filling.
Even the man in your life will come to their meat-eating senses if you make them cauliflower for dinner or these meaty tacos. Mine did.
Shiitake Mushroom Asada Tacos Recipe
Gluten, egg, and dairy-free
- 3 shiitake mushrooms, washed and sliced vertically
- 1/4 c. olive oil
- 1 large handful of cilantro, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- juice of 1 lime
- corn tortillas
- Pico de gallo
- Combine the oil, lime juice, cilantro and garlic together.
- In a shallow dish, place marinade on top of sliced mushrooms. Cover and allow to sit for 20 minutes in the fridge.
- Grill (or cook in a skillet) until heated through.
- Serve with corn tortillas, limes and pico de gallo.