The Starbucks Cranberry Bliss Bar.
It’s visibility to those of us standing in line, waiting for our favorite fall hot beverage, is a signal that a new holiday is approaching. One that brings magic and wonderment…and Cranberry Bliss Bars.
I’m rather shocked at the fact that I am already passing over another great holiday full of good food that is approaching first and am skipping straight for Christmas. This is rather unusual behavior on my part because I love all holidays but this year I was already over Halloween before it even got here and have been waiting like crazy for candy canes to go on sale. I even heard my first Christmas song this weekend while shopping I snorted with glee.
I cannot remember the last time I had one of these Cranberry Bliss Bars. It’s been years but no matter how much time that goes by, the combination of the tart cranberries and sweetness of the Blondie cookie bottom packed in each bite is never forgotten. It is etched forever in my memory.
The 2 important aspects about this recipe are: #1: How you prepare your (non-dairy) butter and sugar. Only use melted (non-dairy) butter and only use brown sugar. The combination of the 2 creates a beautifully moist Blondie Cookie base. And #2: Non-dairy white chocolate chips. Where did I find them, you ask? I’ve been having a blast utilizing my 4 packs of these bad boys:
You can buy them HERE like I did.
- 1/2 c. brown rice flour
- 1/2 c. sorghum flour
- 1/4 c. potato starch
- 1/4 c. arrowroot powder
- 1 tsp. xanthan gum
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3/4 c. vegan butter
- 1 1/2 c. brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp. Ener-G egg replacer + 5 Tbsp. warm water, mixed until frothy
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 c. non-dairy white chocolate chips
- 1/2 c. sweetened dried cranberries
- 2 1/2 c. powdered sugar
- 8 Tbsp. vegan cream cheese (approx. 4 oz.)
- 1/4 c. non-dairy white chocolate chips, melted
- 4 Tbsp. vegan butter, softened
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. orange zest
- Sweetened dried cranberries
- Non-dairy white chocolate drizzle
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Whisk together flours, starches, xanthan gum, baking powder, and salt together.
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter and brown sugar, whisk on medium-low heat. Allow to sit to cool for 5-10 minutes.
- Add the Ener-G egg replacer and vanilla into the brown sugar butter mix.
- Fold the dry ingredients into the butter mix.
- Fold in non-dairy white chocolate chips and dried cranberries.
- In a 9x13 pan, line with parchment paper and then pour batter inside. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until slightly browned (the cookie base will continue to cook once you take it out of the oven so make sure you don't let it sit longer in the oven because then it will get too crispy on the inside).
- Allow to cool just enough so you won't burn your fingers. Pull parchment paper out of the pan and allow the Blondies to rest on the cooling rack until fully cooled.
- With an electric mixer, combine the butter, melted white chocolate and cream cheese until fluffy.
- Add powdered sugar and completely mix.
- Fold in vanilla and zest.
- Once the Blondies have cooled, coat with Cream Cheese Frosting.
- Top with dried cranberries and gently press them down into the frosting.
- Cut bars into 16 triangles.
- Frost with melted white chocolate drizzle.