What could be better than a plate full of nachos? Replacing the tortilla chips and inserting tater tots instead! Hence the invention of this glorious word: Totchos. Let it sink in. It’s genius, really, and it makes an easy and tasty game night meal. Now watch what happens when you create an incredible nondairy cheezy sauce mixed with buffalo sauce and drizzle it all over said Totchos? You get Buffalo Totchos! Okay, even if you didn’t like football, you’d wanna watch it if it meant that you get to make this for your meatless Monday meal.
All thanks to Silk Cashew Milk, unsweetened and unflavored, to make the perfect velvety smooth nondairy Buffalo cheezy sauce made with from vegetables. To be honest, this is probably my favorite nondairy milk out on the market (next to making my own homemade version). I find that cashews make the tastiest dairy free milks and Silk is on point with consistency and flavor.
And trust me, you don’t want to skip out on this sauce. Made from just potatoes, carrots, Silk cashew milk and buffalo sauce, it makes these Buffalo Totchos everything you think they would be. I mean, let the pictures do the talking…
- 1 c. potato, peeled and cubed
- 1 small carrot, chopped
- ½ c. + 2 Tbsp. Silk cashew milk, unsweetened
- 2 Tbsp. dairy free Buffalo sauce
- 1 tsp. nutritional yeast
- Tater tots, cooked according to directions on package
- salsa of choice
- 1 can black beans, cooked
- red onions, chopped
- Place the potato and carrot into a pot of 2 cups of water and bring to a boil until soft (approx. 10 minutes).
- Drain and place into a high speed blender with the Silk milk, buffalo sauce and nutritional yeast until smooth.
- Allow your guests to assemble their Totchos accordingly. Be sure to top off with tons of Buffalo Cheezy Sauce!
Looking for more meat-free recipes for those game days? Check out Silk’s #MeatlessMondayNight challenge here, browse more fabulous recipes, as well as enter to win an awesome giveaway.
Now go get the Totchos bar ready for your family and/or guests and enjoy your football viewing, knowing that you are filling up on delicious food without the meat (and still eating a good amount of protein!)
You can read more about my sponsors here.
This conversation is sponsored by Silk. The opinions and text are all mine.