Make your meatless Monday night a hit with these Buffalo Totchos. Full of black beans, guacamole, and salsa, this version of nachos will be a sure hit!
What could be better than a plate full of nachos? Replacing the tortilla chips and inserting tater tots instead! Hence the invention of this glorious word: Totchos. Let it sink in. It’s genius, really, and it makes an easy and tasty game night meal. Now watch what happens when you create an incredible nondairy cheezy sauce mixed with buffalo sauce and drizzle it all over said Totchos? You get Buffalo Totchos! Okay, even if you didn’t like football, you’d wanna watch it if it meant that you get to make this for your meatless Monday meal.
RELATED: Baked Buffalo Tempeh Tenders
All thanks to this rich, velvety cheese sauce, made completely without cheese. I know, it’s like witchcraft! Tons of veggies stuffed inside to make you think you are eating something insanely decadent but in reality, you are eating a good-for-you sauce. Just add 2 Tbsp. to the original recipe and you have an amazing buffalo sauce to top your Totchos with.
Now that, mom, is a WIN! Who cares about the big game, you have Buffalo Totchos bringing in the points with the family!Print
- 1 package tater tots
- mild salsa
- 1 can black beans, cooked in its liquid and drained
- cliantro, chopped
- jalapeno, thinly sliced
- red onion, chopped
- lime wedges
- 1 recipe Vegan Cheese Sauce + 2 Tbsp. buffalo sauce
- Bake your tater tots on a sheet pan according to the directions on the package.
- While the tots are baking, make the vegan cheese sauce according to the recipe here. Add the buffalo sauce while blending the ingredients together.
- Set up a DIY bar with the toppings ingredients in individual bowls. Allow your guests to assemble their Totchos according to their preference.
- Be sure to top off with tons of the buffalo sauce!
Now go get the Totchos bar ready for your family and/or guests and enjoy your football viewing, knowing that you are filling up on delicious food without the meat (and still eating a good amount of protein!)