Here’s a dip your whole dairy free family can enjoy this Thanksgiving. I mean, this HAS to be an appetizer starter before the main meal, right?! You gotta start the day with this Scarecrow Veggie Ranch Dip before you start eating all of the Thanksgiving Stuffing Cupcakes, Cranberry Raspberry Relish, Healthy Green Bean Casserole, and even the Stuffed Squash Turkeys. I do declare this should be a new tradition*
*Just take a picture of him before you dive in because he will be destroyed in no time.
Creating your very own dairy free Scarecrow Veggie Ranch Dip is a fun way to celebrate this Thanksgiving for your kids and family. With a dip that comes together in a matter of minutes, it’s an easy and creative recipe to get your littles to eat more veggies this holiday.
With cashews as the base and Silk’s soy or almond milk blending it all together, you won’t even know this Scarecrow Veggie Ranch Dip is made with the dairy!
- 1 c. raw cashews, soaked in boiling water for 30 minutes, drained
- ½ c. Silk's original & unsweetened soy (or almond) milk
- ½ c. water
- ¼ c. hemp seeds
- ½ of a medium yellow onion, roughly chopped
- 1 garlic clove
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tsp. raw apple cider vinegar
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- ¼ tsp. fresh ground pepper
- handful fresh parsley
- Shredded carrots (for the hay)
- Rolled tortilla chips (for the hat)
- red and orange bell pepper and black olive slice (for the hat belt)
- cucumber slices and black beans or olives (for the eyes)
- red bell pepper (for the nose)
- orange bell pepper and sliced black olives (for the mouth)
- Fresh veggies and more rolled tortillas chips for dipping
- In a high-speed blender, blend everything together except for the parsley until completely smooth.
- Add parsley and pulse until it is roughly chopped into the dip.
- Adjust the salt and pepper according to your taste preference.
- Chill for an hour (this will allow it to thicken up and enhance the flavor). Stays fresh for 3-4 days in fridge in an air-tight container.
- Pour into a bowl for serving. Create the scarecrow face according to the how-to pictures above. Serve with more fresh veggies and rolled tortilla chips for the dipping.