This is the funny thing about holidays
that require me to stay up into the wee hours of the night:
I usually don’t celebrate them.
(thankfully that only makes 1 holiday missed for the year)
You see friends, I am what you call a “grandma”–
no offense to the real grandmas out there.
It’s just that I am in my pj’s by 7pm and usually asleep by 10pm at the latest.
(((I also am an avid Wheel of Fortune watcher
and am thrilled by a good game of crossword puzzling))).
But in my defense I wake up at 5:30am almost every morning–
early mornings have become my “thing”
and there is no functioning at that time of day when you have
stayed up until midnight!
Eek, good grief, no.
So there will be no partying for this young whipper-snapper
come this New Year’s Eve.
Just the way I like it.
And while you are busting a move to Lady GaGa
(or whatever it is that you kids are listening to these days)
until the wee hours of the night,
I will be blowing on my edible party horn at 6pm,
hip-hip-hooraying my way into bed.
Wow, am I a ball of excitement or what??!
Who’s with me?
Edible Party Horn Blowers Recipe
Makes 1 party horn
- 1 gluten free ice cream cone
- melted Enjoy Life non-dairy chocolate chips
- 1/2 pretzel stick, dipped in melted non-dairy white chocolate, set
- non-dairy icing, colored
- Cut ice cream cone 1/2 inch at the tip. Place white chocolate-covered pretzel stick inside until able to stay without holding. Lather cone with melted chocolate chips. Allow to set.
- Once set, decorate with non-dairy icing.
- Set on table for all your party guests to enjoy.
Make sure you have a cocktail or 2 for me
and do a couple more moves of the Running Man
in my honor.
That is, unless you are like me and are a party pooper…