Remember this post when I made you guess what was peculiar about the picture; if you could find the item that didn’t belong in a gluten-free/vegan diet? Some of you guessed correctly: I ended up making homemade Vegan Hershey Kisses. What, did you forget about it already? I hope not because today is the day I am spilling the beans on how I did it. It’s really simple too! So now for all of you who have missed those little kisses melting in your mouth, now you too can make a Vegan Hershey Kiss right in your very kitchen.
I have updated the way to make this recipe because back when I first created it in 2012, there were no chocolate molds in the shapes of Hershey Kisses so I had to improvise. Or if there were, I had some terrible googling skills that prohibited me from finding it). I used a mini plastic funnel that I found at a hardware store and did it that way. But now, thank you to Etsy, I found a mold and a quicker way to make your very own vegan Hershey Kisses. If you cannot find the mold (it was only $3!) you can opt for the old-fashioned way by getting yourself a mini funnel.Print
- 1/2 c. Enjoy Life chocolate chips, melted (*see note)
- Kisses chocolate mold OR mini funnels (**see note)
- aluminum foil, cut into 2″ squares
- strips of paper with Valentine’s message on them
If using the funnel method:
- Fill the mini funnel with melted chocolate, making sure the chocolate fills a little into the narrowest part. Standing upright, freeze for 10 minutes. Remove the Kisses from funnel by gently squeezing the chocolate mold out. This should easily slip out. If not, freeze for another minute.
If using the chocolate mold:
- Add a dollop of melted chocolate into each mold. Use a toothpick to ensure the chocolate is completely inside the tip of the mold. Freeze for 10-15 minutes or until set. Gently flip over and the chocolate should easily come out.
- Cut out Happy Valentine’s Day paper strips (you can print them from the computer at size 8 Typewriter font or individually write them yourself).
- Place the strip on the foil and place the Kiss on top of it. Fold the foil in until completely covered.
If you want to make these healthier, you can take it one step further and use my raw chocolate bar recipe in place of the store bought chocolate chips. AND if you feeling really sassy and want to forego the sugar, you can use this recipe.
My husband is tortured by the fact that I make him a hand model from time-to-time.
And that is all, folks. See you tomorrow…