Now, don’t be getting too comfy cozy over here with these non-scary photos. Sure, today they are sans severed fingers and bloody hands but that doesn’t mean they are gone forever. Oh no! You’d have to check my temperature if half-way through the month I stop the Halloween fun. You know me better than that! But even the most Halloween-obsessed blogger has to take a quick break from spookiness in order to show off these gorgeous Almost Raw Pumpkin Pie Parfaits.
Stuffed with hidden goodness that actually makes this a healthy, fall-inspired dessert, these parfaits are keeping secrets! No kid will know that there is butternut squash alongside of the pumpkin puree, as well as cashews (which makes this pudding oh-so velvety), and is lightly sweetened with maple syrup. You might call it trickery, I just call it being a smart mom, especially when you have picky eaters.
It’s like eating pumpkin pie with a spoon.Print
- 3/4 c. pumpkin puree
- 3/4 c. butternut squash, cubed (or sweet potato)
- 1/2 c. dairy free milk
- 1/4 c. cashews (or use nut/seed butter)
- 2 Tbsp. maple syrup (add more according to your taste preference)
- 1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- pinch of sea salt
- favorite homemade coconut/dairy free whipped cream
- Place the butternut squash into a microwave-safe bowl. Cover with a paper towel and cook on high for 5 minutes or until easy to mash.
- Throw everything into a high-speed blender (except for the coconut whipped cream) until completely smooth.
- If you want a thinner pudding, add dairy free milk by the tablespoon. Add more maple syrup if you need it sweeter.
- Layer the parfaits with the pumpkin pie pudding and coconut whipped cream.
- Top with chopped nuts or pumpkin seeds.
Almost Raw Pumpkin Pie Parfaits Recipe Notes:
- If you have a little one with a nut allergy, fear not! You can replace the cashews with your favorite seed butter. Might I suggest pumpkin seed butter as a great idea.
Enjoy the scare-break and dine on this Fall favorite. It’s so ridiculously creamy and good, you’d almost give a finger just to have another. Almost.