“These mashed potatoes are so creamy…” Name that movie quote and I have a new best friend.
To be truthful, mashed potatoes always scared me. The process sounded so painfully long and boring and required way too many tools for me to use and to wash, that I always shied away from making them. But friends, this Thanksgiving meal is all about being a painless process and these mashed potatoes are going to be the quickest and easiest you have experienced (aside from the kind you get out of a box).
No peeling required either! So full of flavor that your guests will never know they are eating a gluten, egg, and dairy-free Thanksgiving dinner. And that’s the point right? If you can accomplish this, you know you are 5 steps ahead in life. You may now give yourself a high-five for being awesome.
Garlic & Rosemary Mashed Potatoes
**Make these 30 minutes before you are ready to serve dinner**
- 6 red potatoes, washed and cubed (skin still on)
- 1 1/2 c. non-dairy milk (I used rice milk)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tb dried rosemary
- 2 Tb vegan butter
- Place potatoes into a medium saucepan. Cover with water and heat to a rolling boil.
- Simmer on medium heat until the potatoes are soft and fall apart with a fork. Drain.
- Place back into saucepan and add garlic, rosemary, and vegan butter. Mash with a fork.
- Add non-dairy milk until fully combined.
- Serve immediately or reheat when ready to eat.