Looking for an easy appetizer to throw together for your next Halloween party? Or what about a fun intro into dinner for the night of Trick-or-Treating with the kids? Having healthy ingredients on hand can be magically turned into fun, holiday-inspired food like this Witchy Guacamole Dip. What a way to celebrate this holiday that honors candy the most with good-for-you ingredients like heart-healthy avocado, beta-carotene-rich carrots, and organic tortilla chips made from blue corn?!
There’s no need to deny your kids any candy this holiday season but have fun with these allergen-friendly, healthy, and fresh ingredients. Hey, even guacamole likes to dress up and have a little fun (I mean, check out these adorable guacamole appetizers or this spooktacular breakfast idea as proof).
Making an FUN Halloween-themed appetizer is easy and healthy with this Witchy Guacamole Dip:Print
Witchy Guacamole Dip
- 2 large avocados
- 1/4 red onion, thinly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- juice of 1 lime
- shredded carrots (for the hair)
- 2 green olive slices (for the eyes)
- 2 black olive slices (for the eyebrows)
- 2 slices of a mini red bell pepper (for the lips)
- 1 cornichon (for the nose)
- handful blue corn chips (for the hat)
- In a bowl, mash the avocado. Add the garlic, onions and lime juice and mix until well combined. Season with sea salt for flavor.
- Add the guacamole to the lower half of a serving plate.
- Create the corn chip hat first and then add the carrots for the hair.
- Assemble the face and serve!
May your Witchy Guacamole Dip bring you all the magic and luck this Halloween for a bag full of (allergen friendly) candy. Or at least a handful of really good pieces…
This is a great twist on the normal presentation of guacamole. I am putting this one to use at my next party.
This looks great. Going to be making this for the big game. -Joe
What a funny idea! Thanks a lot!
Ha, Happy Halloween says the witchy dip 😉
Susannah (Lemon and Coconut)
Cara as ever your food is a delight! So good, my nieces are going to love this you’v really inspired me to be more fun for them! 🙂
Ohmygosh, greatest compliment ever! It’s why I do this…xo
You are always killing it with these awesome ideas! Love this!
Thank you so much Cyd!!!
Nora (A Clean Bake)
This made me laugh when I saw it in your Instagram feed. I wish I were having a Halloween party!
Let’s throw one together 🙂 I always wanted to have a Halloween party. I mean, I have way too many ideas NOT to, right?!
CUTE!! Halloween is my favorite time because I love all things witchy.