So the time has come. Inevitably every good thing must come to an end and we have to say goodbye to Halloween tomorrow and all the fun we have been having! Tear not, dear friends, we still have Thanksgiving and Christmas ahead (and every other holiday that awaits us next year) so hooray! You know me. I can’t resist holiday-themed food. So shall I pass you a bite of these Monster Veggie Burgers now?
This really isn’t much of a recipe as it is a fun meal idea to serve up to the little ones prior to them going out the door for Trick-or-Treating. Super easy to throw together while still maintaining a spooky, holiday-inspired meal. These Monster Veggie Burgers can be ready in 15 minutes or less. Probably one of the quickest plant-based and gluten free meals ever, right?
- 1 gluten free hamburger bun
- 1 veggie burger patty of choice
- 1 slice tomato
- 1 thin slice of onion
- nondairy cheese (from the block), cut into fun shapes
- 2 green olives for the eyes + 2 toothpicks
- ketchup everywhere!
- 1 pair of plastic fangs, cut in half
- Assemble your veggie burger as you usually would. Make sure you get messy with the ketchup!
- Place the fangs at the top of your burger.
- Place the toothpicks through the olives and set into the top of the bun.
Monster Veggie Burger Recipe Notes:
For the hamburger bun, I have found a great brand called Schar that makes bagels, sandwich bread, hamburger buns, rolls, you name it, all without gluten, eggs, AND dairy. It’s the perfect option for when you simply do not have the time to make bread from scratch. I found these at a local health store called Sprouts but I have been seeing their products more commonly now in the average grocery stores located in the gluten free section.
Oh and one last thing before I go, I am going to be posting over on Instagram on Yahoo Food’s account this weekend so if you over there, stop on by! I would love to hear from you as I share some of my favorite food art with the community.
You can be expecting this photo first thing Saturday morning!